CRS Rice Bowl
This year Ss. Columba Brigid Parish will be participating in CRS Rice Bowl. Here's the details:
- Rice Bowl is a way for you and your family to put your faith into action this Lent!
- Families participate with daily reflections and activities through Lent that include prayers, fasting and almsgiving to help change the lives of those who suffer in poverty around the world.
- Please pick up a Rice Bowl kit at the entrance of the church - one per family and there are Spanish and English versions.
- Place your donations in the box throughout Lent and return it to church on either Holy Thursday, Easter or the Sunday following Easter.
- There is also a calendar included in the Rice Bowl kit that guides families through the 40 days of Lent with activities, reflections and stories.
- CRS (Catholic Relief Services) is the official relief and development agency of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Lenten alms donated through CRS Rice Bowl support the work of CRS in more than 100 different countries each year. Twenty-five percent of donations to CRS Rice Bowl stay in the local diocese, supporting hunger and poverty alleviation efforts. Since its inception in 1975, CRS Rice Bowl has raised nearly $300 million.
- If you cannot get to church to pick up a Rice Bowl kit, you can download it by clicking here.
- To view a video explaining Rice Bowl created by Deacon Don Weigel, the director of CRS for the Buffalo Diocese, click here.
- If you have any questions, please contact Deacon Jerry